Phat Thai or Pad Thai is one of the most famous Thai food which can be commonly found in Thai
restaurant in the United States. This is basically stir-fried rice noodles with some
vegetables and meats such as chicken and shrimp added. Phat Thai or Pad Thai is a complete
and healthy one meal dish and can be considered as Thailand fast food. Serve while still hot
for best taste.
Ingredients 1 :
- 1 pack (16 oz) thin rice noodles (also called sen lek in Thai)
- 1/2 cup chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup shrimp (about 10-15 pieces), peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced finely
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pieces firm tofu, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cups bean sprouts
Ingredients 2 :
(seasoning ingredients, mix well in a bowl)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste or to taste
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (or substitute with sugar)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
Ingredients 3 :
- 3 tablespoon unsalted roasted peanuts, crushed coarsely
- 1 pieces of lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- 1/2 cup cabbage, sliced thinly
Cooking Instructions :
- Soften the rice noodles by blanching it in boiling water briefly. Continue to soak for
about 10 minutes or until soft. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a wok, heat the cooking oil on high heat and saute the garlic and onion.
- As soon as the garlic and onion change color (this will happen very fast if your oil is
very hot), quickly add in the chicken slices and stir until chicken is almost cooked. This
will take about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and stir for about 30 seconds, then break egg in and stir a little to
- When egg is almost cooked, add in tofu and rice noodles. Add in the seasoning mix. Continue
to stir and toss the noodles to mix it well.
- Continue to stir and toss until the rice noodles is slightly dry (or according to your
preference), then add in the bean sprout into the wok and continue to stir for a few minutes
before transferring to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the crushed roasted peanut on top and garnish with some lime wedges and sliced