Rice Stick Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables recipe is an easy to prepare rice noodle
dish. It is a delicious and complete one meal dishes that is a favorite among the Thais
due to is simplicity. For more variety, you can add in your own favorite vegetables such
as carrot or cauliflower.
Ingredients 1 :
- 8 ounces rice stick noodles
- 1 cup chicken breast, removed skin and cut into into bite-sized strips
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon thick black soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small bite-sized chunks
- 1 small onion, sliced finely
- ½ cup sliced Japanese eggplant
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (add more or less according to your saltiness preference)
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow Bean Sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or to taste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
Cooking Instructions :
- To prepare the rice stick noodles, blanched it in boiling water quickly to soften it.
Drain the water and put aside.
- In a medium heat wok, add in 2 tablespoon vegetable oil and add in the noodles when the
oil is hot and and stir for about 1 minutes and until they are mix well.
- Add in the thick soy sauce and continue to stir for another minute.
- Remove the rice noodles and put on a serving plate and set aside until ready to serve.
- In a different wok, add in the vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add in garlic and sauté until slightly golden brown or fragrant. Add in the chicken pieces
and stir until half-cook or when the outer layer is white.
- Add in the broccoli, onion and eggplant and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Tabasco sauce, fish sauce, yellow bean sauce and sugar and continue to stir to
mix well for another 1 minute. Add in the chicken broth, cornstarch mixture, bean sprouts,
green onions, and red bell pepper.
- Continue to cook until all the vegetables are tender and crisp according to your
- Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture over the rice noodles and serve while still hot.