Teriyaki Flavor Chicken Burger recipe is a burger with a Japanese flavor. It is made by dipping
the burger patties into some sweet soy base sauce called teriyaki sauce (or tare in Japanese) to
give the patties a sweet, salty and tangy taste of the sauce mixtures. This teriyaki burger is a
very famous menu item at western-style fast food restaurants in Japan. Try this Teriyaki Flavor
Chicken Burger recipe to get the taste of east meets west flavor. Add your own choice of
vegetables such as cucumber slices or shredded carrots for a more balance and nutritious meals.
Ingredients 1 :
- 1 lb ground chicken meat
- 1 medium size onion, remove skin and chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 medium size egg, beaten
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- 4 slices of tomatoes
- 4 slices of cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- dash of pepper or to taste
Ingredients 2 :
(for making the teriyaki sauce)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sake
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar or to taste
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp katakuriko or potato starch (diluted in 2 tbsp water) (substitute with
cornstarch/corn flour if not available)
Cooking Instructions :
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté the chopped onions for 5 to 10 minutes on medium to low
heat until onions is soft or limp and set aside.
- In a bowl, add in ground chicken meat, garlic, ginger and onions. Mix well. Pour in the
beaten egg and mix/blend using your fingers until all ingredients are
thoroughly mix and the dough
is sticky. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate the dough into 4 equal parts and shape it into burgers patties.
- Heat the frying pan in step 1 and cook the patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side or
until the meat patties are properly cook. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the soy sauce, sake, sugar, mirin and potato starch. Mix the
- Pour the sauce ingredients into the frying pan in step 5 and bring to boil and then reduce
heat to simmer until sauce have thicken. Dip the patties into the teriyaki sauce to coat it.
- Heat the flat surface of the bun on a pan until slightly brown.
- Remove bun from heat and put lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, mayonnaise and the teriyaki coated
chicken patty on your bun to make your burger.