Stir-fry miso chicken recipe is a delicious and easy to prepare Japanese dish. Using miso
paste in the recipe gives the chicken meat a salty, sour and sweet taste. Stir-fry miso
chicken is a healthy dish as miso paste which is made from fermented soybeans and malted
barley or rice are a rich source of protein and minerals. When using miso paste in cooking,
it is important not to overuse it as it is very salty paste. For a more milder taste, use
white miso which is sweeter compare to the more commonly used miso in Japan i.e. red
Ingredients 1 :
- 1 cup (8 ounces or 220 grams) boneless chicken breast, remove skin and excess fat and sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons miso paste (use less if your miso is very salty, preferably use a mild white miso)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin or sake (if not available substitute with red wine vinegar or sweet sherry)
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock. (use low salt version)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup green peas
Cooking Instructions :
- Heat cooking oil in a wok or pan over medium heat and add in the chicken slices. Turn the
chicken slices a few time for even cooking and until the meats are browned or half cooked.
Remove the meat from the wok and set aside.
- Add in the carrots and water into the wok or pan, bring to boil and then simmer until
the carrot is tender to your liking.
- In a bowl, mix well the chicken stock, miso paste, rice vinegar, mirin and grated ginger
and pour into the wok.
- Add in the green peas and the chicken slices and mix well.
- Bring to boil and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is slightly
thickened and chicken is cooked.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with white rice.