Japanese grilled salted chicken is a simple to prepare and delicious tasting chicken recipe
using only salt and a little pepper as the ingredients. For best tasting meat you will need
to plan earlier so as to let the chicken some resting time so that the extra water and moisture
can 'leak out' from the meat to make it extra tender. For a healthier meal, serve with some
steam vegetables of your choice such as broccoli, carrot or cauliflower.
Ingredients 1 :
- 1 lb chicken thighs remove bone and trim excess fat but keep the skin
- Sufficient amount of salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper or to taste
- lemon wedges(optional, for garnishing only)
Cooking Instructions :
- Rub in the salt generously and thoroughly on all sides of the meat.
- Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and set aside to let it rest for at least one
to two hours in a refrigerator. (For best result let it stand overnight in the fridge)
- Remove chicken from the fridge when you are ready to cook. Use paper towels to pat the
chicken dry from all the water that might have 'leaked out' from the meat.
- Brush off or wipe off any excess salt on the surface so that the cooked chicken
won't be too salty.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground pepper on the meat.
- Put the meat on the grilling pan or frying pan and cooked until the skin is golden brown
and the meat is properly cooked. Removed from the pan and let it cool off first before
slicing the meat into thick strips. (You can also bake the meat in an oven at 400°F (200°C)
with the skin down first for 20 minutes and then for another 20 minutes (or until the skin
is golden brown) with the skin up. Ensure meat is properly cook before removing or continue
to bake for another 10 minutes)
- Arrange the strips on a bowl filled with rice. Garnish with a few slices of lemon wedges
and serve with some steam vegetables of your choice as a side dish.
- Alternatively, you can also use the meat as sandwich filler.