If you like kelp (a type of brownish seaweed), try this stir-fry chicken with kelp recipe.
The use of kelp in the ingredients gives the dish a little rubbery taste which comes from
the kelp. This is a healthy and very nutritious dish as kelp is full of vitamins and minerals.
For more variety, you can add some other vegetables or ingredients of your choice such as
broccoli or mushroom. This stir-fry chicken with kelp recipe is best eaten while still hot
with white steamed rice.
Ingredients 1 :
- 1 cup (7oz / 200g) chicken breast, removed skin and slice thinly
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup (7oz./ 200g) kelp, clean and cut into thin strips
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- 1 large red chili, remove seeds and cut into thin strips
- 1 stalks scallion, chopped
- 1" fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- (1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolve in 4 tablespoons water) x 2
- ½ tablespoon mirin sauce
Cooking Instructions :
- In a bowl, add in chicken slices, salt and soy sauce. Mix well and then add in 1 tablespoon
of cornstarch which have been dissolve with 4 tablespoon of water. Continue to mix well and
left to marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Heat wok on medium heat and add in vegetable oil. Add in the marinated chicken slices and
sauté for one or two minutes or until the outside turns white. Remove the chicken slices from
the wok and set aside.
- Add in the scallion, ginger and carrots into the wok with the remaining oil and continue
to sauté until fragrant but before it starts to brown.
- Add in the chicken slices, red pepper, and kelp strips. Add in the mirin sauce and continue
to stir and mix well over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- When you are satisfy that the chicken and vegetables are cooked to your preference, add
in the mixture of 1 tablespoon cornstarch which have been dissolve with 4 tablespoon of
- Mix well and bring to boil before transferring to a serving plate.
- Best serve hot and with white steamed rice.