This Indonesian coconut flavor fried chicken recipe is a simple to prepare dish that won't take up a lot of your time. This recipe is especially for those who like the creamy taste of coconut milk. For those who like this Indonesian coconut flavor fried chicken recipe to taste spicy, add one or two fresh chili into the marinating ingredients according to your taste. This is a great food to serve as a snack or as a main dish served with white steam rice.
Ingredients 1 :
- 1 medium size chicken (2 lb or ~ 1.0 kg), remove excess fat, clean and cut into pieces and pat dry.
- 1 cup thick coconut milk or cream
- 2 tablespoon wheat flour
- Oil for deep frying
Ingredients 2 :
(add some water and grind/blend into a paste)
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ nutmeg
- ½" (1 cm) of ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Salt and sugar to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- In a bowl, mix chicken, flour and the marinating ingredients together.
- Set aside the ingredients to marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes or more.
- When you are ready to fry the chicken, dip the marinated pieces into the coconut milk and put into the heated frying oil.
- Deep fry the pieces until golden brown or cooked and crispy.
- Remove from the cooking oil and drain excess oil.
- Put on a serving platter and garnish with some vegetables slices such as cucumbers and carrots. Serve while still hot and crispy.