Sesame Paste Chicken Salad is an easy and simple to prepare meat salad with a delicious flavor
of sesame and Chinese sauce. For more variety you can add other vegetables such as tomatoes or
shredded cabbage. For a more delicious sesame paste chicken salad, you can also add some
mushroom or slices of hard-boiled eggs to the salad. You can also substitute the chicken meat
with other meat of your choice such as shrimps(prawn).
- 1 lb plain roasted chicken
- ½ cup bean sprouts, rinse and trim the roots end.
- 1 medium size cucumbers
- ½ carrot
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed (optional, for garnishing only)
- 2 tablespoon sesame paste (or replace with 2 tablespoon peanut butter mix with ½ tablespoon sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chop finely
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chop finely
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ tablespoon rice wine (or dry sherry)
Cooking Instructions :
- Peel the cucumber and cut into two lengthwise. Remove the seeds and cut the cucumbers
into 3" lengths fine sticks. Set aside.
- Peel carrots and cut or shred into 3" lengths fine sticks. Set aside.
- Remove the meat from the cooked chicken. Cut or shred the meat into fine strips.
- On a serving platter, put the shredded chicken meat in the center and surround the meat
with the bean sprouts, cucumbers and carrots.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix them thoroughly with an electric
- Pour the dressing on top of the meat and vegetables generously.
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seed on top and serve.