Chicken With Pineapple Recipe, also known as Bird of Paradise recipe is a Chinese style
stir fry chicken dish with pineapple pieces. This is an easy and quick to prepare dish.
The use of pineapple in this recipes gives it a slightly sweet and sour flavor and aroma.
You can substitute the vegetables with your favorite one such as broccoli or carrot. This
dish is best eaten with white steam rice.
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts, remove skin and cut into pieces
- 1 can (20 oz) of pineapple in syrup
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 2 tablespoon thin soy sauce or more according to your saltinees preferences
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, removed skin and chopped finely
- 2" grated ginger
- 1 pieces red bell pepper, remove seed and cut into bite-size
- 1 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water
Cooking Instructions :
- In a wok, add cooking oil and brown the chicken breast. Leave chicken in the wok after
removing the excess oil.
- Remove pineapple pieces from the syrup and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix in the pineapple syrup, wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and
- Pour this mixture over the chicken pieces in the wok.
- Bring the liquid to boil and continue to simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add in the pineapple, bell pepper, celery and green onion into the wok.
- Add in the cornstarch/water into the wok and stir to mix well.
- Bring the liquid to boil and then continue to simmer until thickened. Taste for
saltiness and add more soy sauce if needed.
- Pour the chicken into a serving plate and serve with white steam rice.